Friday 13 February 2009

The Snow is Disappearing

We've had some more snow this week, but still not that much and today it is very sunny and disappearing fast. Have just found this beautiful thing in the garden.

Also found a couple of lonely crocuses (croci?) and some lovely mud splattered snowdrops and snowflakes. I can't believe it's Friday already, where has the week gone?

It started sadly last weekend, as I headed off to grannny and grandad's so I could go to the funeral of my good friend J's mum. She died very suddenly - so very sad for everyone. Engineering works on the line meant my journey was extended significantly by having to take a bus transfer. Anyway got home, went to the funeral and somehow managed to withstand the cold. Even managed a run on a very cold Monday morning - the views were fantastic. Snowy Angus hills lined up over the valley of Strathmore.

Got home on Monday to find an interesting looking package waiting on me. What could it be? It was from Flutterby Patch. I had forgotten I had won her pin cushion. How exciting and it did cheer me up.. She did suggest that Master T might like to wear it and she was correct. I will get a picture later!

On Tuesday I went to a bead class at our local bead shop. For the first time in ages I really felt like I achieved something. I started a project and finished it all in the space of a couple of hours. Fantastic. I will post a picture later. I am inspired to do more beading. Maybe tonight once Master T has gone to bed.



Pilates last night - though I was far too tired to enjoy it, and it was far too cold in the draughty church hall. But at least I went!

And so it is Friday again, the start of my weekend. Master T had his second hair cut today. He almost didn't get it done. They kept us waiting for half an hour. Not ideal when you have an energetic toddler who doesn't really want to get his hair cut. But we stuck it out and he is looking even cuter than cute again, even though his curls have gone!


Then it was off to the shoe shop for new shoes. Even though he has some lovely new shoes:



he came home and wore my cosy slippers. What a boy!



He's chilling out watching a Thomas video now, with all his trains lined up on the sofa with him. No sleep again. He (and probably I)will be in bed early tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment